Pages

Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Cathedral Windows

I've always loved cathedral windows.  They just look gorgeous...and really complicated.  I thought a quilt would be getting in over my head and decided to try it out on a mini for me.
The prep was a few steps, but it wasn't too difficult.  I used Love Patchwork and Quilting issue 6 for my instructions.  I actually bought this issue specifically for the instructions.


(next to the doll quilt my great-grandmother made)
I have to say, I absolutely love my little mini.  The binding took a moment to think over the how-to, but it turned out alright in the end.  The main work was the prep, filling the windows really went pretty quickly.
(it's in a weird spot, I couldn't reach any higher and I just wanted to see it up there)
I think I could totally do a whole quilt of cathedral windows.  Once I get over just how much fabric it would take, that is.

2 comments:

  1. Little quilt looks great. Sewing room wall is the best!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an adorable cuckoo clock mini quilt! Love it!

    ReplyDelete